Date   

locked Problems using Rigblaster Blue #AudioIssues

Roger
 

I've having a curious problem using WSJTX with my Rigblaster Blue which has a bluetooth audio interface.  I have it configured and can receive and transmit with it.

As a preamble I am using FLDIGI simultaneously with WSJTX.  The problem I'm going to describe is apparent with the rig turned off or on.

When I start both FLDIGI and WSJTX they both show the same distinctive spectrum on the waterfall.  I can put FLDIGI in and out of TX or tune modes and the waterfalls continue to display the same spectrum.  However if I put WSJTX in and out of TX or tune modes the spectrum becomes "corrupted" on WSJTX but not FLDIGI.  I can still receive some transmissions but many are lost amongst the corruption.

One thing I have tried is to divert the WSJTX TX audio to other interfaces such as HDMI but I still get the same problem.

I'm using Kubuntu 16.10 and downloaded http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx_1.7.0_amd64.deb


I've looked around for similar problems but run out of ideas on how to resolve this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?


Roger, GW4HZA


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out
John Blake



On 5 Mar 2017, at 8:34 am, John Blake <vk6jb@...> wrote:

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Jim, Make sure that the speakers on your mac are using the audio codec as well, this is the TX going out
John Blake



On 5 Mar 2017, at 8:32 am, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

 Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
 To: WSJTX@groups.io
 Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
   Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
 I can get the sound cart to receive
 but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
 CODEC but
 only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
 the radio but
 no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
 with the mac
 setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
 still need a
 little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
   73
     --
 Jim Quick / N4ULE
 n4ule@...
         






locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

Sorry typo, the speakers will be for TX into the rig

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:49, John Blake <vk6jb@...> wrote:
One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail
On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick < n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive 
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

John Blake <vk6jb@...>
 

One thing to check would be in your sound settings on your Mac, make sure the same Audio codec is selected for your speakers. The mic will be the audio coming in to the Mac for Rx the speaker will be for the audio going to the rig for Rx. They are 2 separate things.

Sent from BlueMail

On 5 Mar 2017, at 06:24, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive 
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


locked Re: radio #NewUser

vk6jb@...
 

Hi Jim

A quick search revealed this, you would need a Yahoo login for one of the results (I don’t have one)

There are probably some specific settings needed to get to to PTT properly (Baud rate etc)

It probably should be listed in the manual?

I’ve attached a PDF that might help, but if this doesn’t come through for any reason click on the ;art link which brings up the search results I got.

Good luck, stick at it, be methodical.

http://dcasler.com/2015/11/25/setting-up-wsjt-x-for-the-yaesu-ftdx3000/






John Blake



On 3 Mar 2017, at 10:57 pm, Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...> wrote:

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.


Bob Nobis 
n7rjn@...


On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


-- 
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...








locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
73
--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...



locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Here is what happens when I try to send a CQ, WSJT-X keys the radio and it shows power out, (25w) but I have no tones going out. I am running the Mac Ver. of WSJT-X I don't run Windows at all.

Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...

On 3/4/17 6:16 PM, Eddy van Keulen via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------
On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM
Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.
73
--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...



locked Re: FTDX-3000 #NewUser

Eddy van Keulen
 

Hi Jim,

Besides the audio CODEC, there should also be two virtual COM ports assigned to your radio. One is for CAT control, the other for PTT and CW signalling. These two COM ports should refer to a SiLabs chipset. Does CAT control work? If it does, the PTT will listen to the next or previous COM port, most likely the DTR signal but may also be the RTS.

Regards,
Eddy, W6EDY
--------------------------------------------

On Sat, 3/4/17, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Subject: [WSJTX] #new FTDX-3000
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 2:24 PM

Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send.
I can get the sound cart to receive
but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio
CODEC but
only the send works. I have installed the right driver for
the radio but
no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help
with the mac
setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I
still need a
little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...


locked FTDX-3000 #NewUser

James Quick
 

Trying to get the FTDX-3000 to send. I can get the sound cart to receive but can't get it to send. It shows that I have the USB Audio CODEC but only the send works. I have installed the right driver for the radio but no go. I am running WSJT-X on a Mac computer so I need help with the mac setup. Thanks for all the help getting me this far but I still need a little help. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...


locked Re: radio #NewUser

Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...>
 

Jim,

I have a similar set-up but with an ELecraft K3.  But I use WSJT-X to control the rig, rather than MacLoggerDX. Also, I use VOX to initiate transmitting.


Bob Nobis 
n7rjn@...


On Mar 3, 2017, at 07:43, James Quick <n4ule@...> wrote:

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...







James Quick
 

Just got a new FTDX-3000 radio and need some help setting it up on my Mac computer. I am running,

Mac Mini,

MacLoggerDX,

WSJT-X v1.7,

JT-Bridge.

I have MacLoggerDX controlling the radio. I can get WSJT-X to receive but can't get it to transmit. Thanks for any help or advice.

73


--
Jim Quick / N4ULE
n4ule@...


locked Re: Group now moved #GeneralGroupInfo

Stephen QRP <stephen_qrp@...>
 

Hello Andy

Since this group moved I have not had any messages since Jan 15th. Is this correct ?

Kind regards

Stephen


locked Re: Flex 6300 hamlib issue #WSJTX_config

Andrew O'Brien
 

Thanks Bill , very good information .

Andy K3UK

On Jan 15, 2017, at 6:33 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 15/01/2017 05:00, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
Just FYI, the most recent release of WSJTX did not contain the full Hamlib support for a Flex 6300. The Flex 6500 and 6700 work fine but not the TCP support for the 6300. I have beenadvised the issue is fixed for future updates. I think the issue was an omission by the hamlib folks, not the WSJTX team.
Hi Andy,

that is not the full story. WSJT-X includes a statically linked version of Hamlib, we do that so we can get the very latest Hamlib support and features, we have never taken out or dropped any support.

The support in Hamlib for the FlexRadio Power and Smart SDR software where it emulates a Kenwood TS-2000 has been in place for some time and it gives enough support for basic WSJT-X operation.

The Hamlib support for the network CAT control of SmartSDR gets little love and needs attention. If FlexRadio users or FLexRadio themselves need better support for this protocol then someone with the relevant programming skills and the relevant proprietary software and hardware needs to do the work.

Both Hamlib and WSJT-X are open source projects and they rely on users contributing patches.

The change you are referring to is that the identification returned by SmartSDR when emulating a TS-2000 over a serial port and running a FlexRadio 6300 has been added so the existing TS-2000 driver will recognize that set up. It does not specifically add any support it just allows that existing set up to be used with the existing support for the 6500 and 6700.

73
Bill
G4WJS.




locked Re: Flex 6300 hamlib issue #WSJTX_config

Bill Somerville
 

On 15/01/2017 05:00, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
Just FYI, the most recent release of WSJTX did not contain the full Hamlib support for a Flex 6300. The Flex 6500 and 6700 work fine but not the TCP support for the 6300. I have beenadvised the issue is fixed for future updates. I think the issue was an omission by the hamlib folks, not the WSJTX team.
Hi Andy,

that is not the full story. WSJT-X includes a statically linked version of Hamlib, we do that so we can get the very latest Hamlib support and features, we have never taken out or dropped any support.

The support in Hamlib for the FlexRadio Power and Smart SDR software where it emulates a Kenwood TS-2000 has been in place for some time and it gives enough support for basic WSJT-X operation.

The Hamlib support for the network CAT control of SmartSDR gets little love and needs attention. If FlexRadio users or FLexRadio themselves need better support for this protocol then someone with the relevant programming skills and the relevant proprietary software and hardware needs to do the work.

Both Hamlib and WSJT-X are open source projects and they rely on users contributing patches.

The change you are referring to is that the identification returned by SmartSDR when emulating a TS-2000 over a serial port and running a FlexRadio 6300 has been added so the existing TS-2000 driver will recognize that set up. It does not specifically add any support it just allows that existing set up to be used with the existing support for the 6500 and 6700.

73
Bill
G4WJS.


locked Flex 6300 hamlib issue #WSJTX_config

Andrew O'Brien
 

Just FYI, the most recent release of WSJTX did not contain the full Hamlib support for a Flex 6300.  The Flex 6500 and 6700 work fine but not the TCP support for the 6300.  I have beenadvised the issue is fixed for future updates.  I think the issue was an omission by the hamlib folks, not the WSJTX team.

Andy K3UK



locked Group now moved #GeneralGroupInfo

Andrew O'Brien
 

The old Yahoogroup has now fully moved to this new site.

Andy K3UK


locked WSJTX group transfer

Andrew O'Brien
 

The WSJTX yahoo group will be moving here soon, probably in the next 24-36 hours.  All messages and files will be transferred , also all members.

Andy K3UK


locked qra64

wd4kpd@...
 

de WD4KPD


off vhf right now on account of antenna repair.  i would like to try out the qra64 on 80/160 just for the experience.


any help appreciated.


david



locked Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X & Mac: Time Server Issue

Michael Black
 

There are some MacOS notes here....

de Mike W9MDB



From: Robert Nobis To: Black Michael
Cc: WSJT Group
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X & Mac: Time Server Issue

Michael,

That would work, however, I leave my Mac running 24/7, so I only do a restart when doing upgrades.

73,


Bob Nobis 
n7rjn@...


On Jan 9, 2017, at 08:59, Black Michael mdblack98@... [wsjtgroup] <wsjtgroup-noreply@...> wrote:


Can't you do an ntpdate on startup so you don't have to do the stop/start thing?
That's what I used to when I had such problem on Linux.

de Mike W9MDB



From: "Borja Marcos borjamar@... [wsjtgroup]" <wsjtgroup-noreply@...>
To: Robert Nobis <N7RJN@...>
Cc: John Stengrevics <jstengrevics@...>; wsjtgroup@...
Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X & Mac: Time Server Issue

 

> On 9 Jan 2017, at 16:32, Robert Nobis N7RJN@... [wsjtgroup] <wsjtgroup-noreply@...> wrote:
>
> John,
>
>
> I use https://time.is/ when I first start using WSJT-X. This web site checks if my clock is off and by how much.
>
> Concerning the issue with defaulting to the Apple Time Server, I have not seen this issue. I sync with time.nist.gov.

In my case, with two stratum-2 servers in my own network, I have noticed that my Mac Pro can be off by several seconds upon
power up.

The fix is simple: Opening System Preferences, Date & Time. Clicking the tick mark for setting date and time automatically,
ie, disabling and reenabling it, forces the system to update the system clock. Once you have done that it should be fine.

Now I am trying with a GPS Stratum 1 on a Raspberry Pi and it works very well (there is an offset of several seconds but I am
using a wireless network).

borjam$ ntpq -c peer -c as -c rl
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
==============================================================================
*172.16.8.63 .PPS. 1 u 39 64 377 1.424 -22.484 1.187

ind assid status conf reach auth condition last_event cnt
===========================================================
1 25886 963a yes yes none sys.peer sys_peer 3
associd=0 status=0615 leap_none, sync_ntp, 1 event, clock_sync,
version="ntpd 4.2.8p6@1.3265 Fri Feb 5 17:38:17 UTC 2016 (124~824)",
processor="x86_64", system="Darwin/16.3.0", leap=00, stratum=2,
precision=-20, rootdelay=1.424, rootdisp=27.776, refid=172.16.8.63,
reftime=dc1e2cc4.ddaad7f0 Mon, Jan 9 2017 16:37:40.865,
clock=dc1e2d77.4ac67b61 Mon, Jan 9 2017 16:40:39.292, peer=25886, tc=6,
mintc=3, offset=-22.483775, frequency=54.135, sys_jitter=0.000000,
clk_jitter=2.762, clk_wander=0.249

So, remember. In order to reset the time just disable and reenable NTP.

Borja.