locked Re: TS440s (Was Re: WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc1)

Bill Somerville

John,

it is using a Hamlib test program to open a connection to your rig and to send a fundamental query command to get the current VFO frequency. It will do the same steps that a an initial connection from WSJT-X will do but it will print copious trace information that will help determine what is not working for you.

On 12/05/2020 13:46, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:

Hi Bill,

Ok, what is that supposed to do?
What response am I looking for?

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Tue, May 12, 2020, 5:36 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
John,

please do the following and report back what is printed:

open a CMD prompt window. Make a note of your COM port number that is your CAT serial interface and type these commands (I have used COM, substitute your COM port):

cd \WSJT\wsjtx\bin
rigctl-wsjtx -m 2002 -r COM3 -s 4800 -Cserial_handshake=Hardware -vvvvv -Z f

On 12/05/2020 12:28, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Well Bill,

I sent you the Kenwood IC-10 manual that contains the Kenwood TS-440S codes.

If they can make a TS-440S driver for wsjt-x, that would be great!  Because the regular 440 selection as it is now does not work at all with the 440S.

Here, I'll send it again...

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Tue, May 12, 2020, 3:53 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
John,

you are very wrong about the activity on the Hamlib project, it is under active development and support is extremely responsive. We are happy to pass on Hamlib issues reported to the WSJT-X team or better still contribute in the form of patches. If you can replicate an issue using the Hamlib test utility rigctl or even the rigctld utility using the "Hamlib NET rigctl" driver included with WSJT-X, that would be an excellent starting point for tracking down rig model specific rig control issues.

On 12/05/2020 11:38, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Dave, I disagree as the Hamlib is used & distributed by the wsjt-x folks as part of the package.

As for support on hamlib, nobody's home and 'they' haven't made an upgrade in years according to; well, just about everyone. It is semi-orphaned.

No, the problem is that in wsjt-x, there is NO selection at all for the TS-440S. Odd, since that radio is still widely used.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Tue, May 12, 2020, 12:32 AM Dave_G0WBX via groups.io <g8kbvdave=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi.

For the TS440s issue, you need to talk to the Hamlib people over on:-

    hamlib-developer@...

You'll need to subscribe to the mailing list at:-
https://sourceforge.net/p/hamlib/mailman/

To get that sorted out, it's not a WSJTx problem as such.

73.

Dave G0WBX.