locked Re: WSJTX_2-2-0-RC1 dont start ---

Haris SV1GRB

Hello Bill,

Tried from CMD and nothing returned
C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin>wsjtx

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin>

When running from command prompt, no wsjtx.exe running in task manager. I have the cursor back immediately.
When running from the desktop icon, I have wsjtx.exe running in task manager.

Haris
SV1GRB

Στις Τρί, 12 Μαΐ 2020 στις 8:54 μ.μ., ο/η Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> έγραψε:

On 12/05/2020 18:26, Haris SV1GRB wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> The same here with 2.2.0 RC1. Tried with two different computers and I
> have exactly the same behavior.
> wsjtx.exe is running but no window or taskbar icon appear. Only
> visible in task manager.
> Also tried renaming the settings directory in order to have a "fresh"
> install first run, with no luck.
> Never used second monitor in order to have some confusion.
> When I revert to 2.1.2, everything works as usual.
>
> The computers tested are:
> Desktop: Intel i3 4th gen. proc. with 8 GB ram
> OS Windows 10 64bit 1909
> using the integrated Intel HD graphics 4400
>
> Laptop: Intel i3 6th gen. proc. with 4 GB ram
> OS Windows 10 64bit 1909
> using the integrated Intel HD graphics 520
>
> At the desktop tried 32 bit and also 64 bit installers with no luck.
> At the laptop tried only 32 bit installer.
>
> Haris
> SV1GRB

Hi Walter and Haris,

can you try starting WSJT-X from a CMD prompt as follows:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx

and see if any information is printed?