locked Re: callsign confusion in WSJT-X

Geoff Levey

Hi there, no it is not JT-Alert. I think the program is just checking the the first 4 characters of the call sign to make a match

73 Geoff ZS6C

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 5:21 PM Chuck Dietz <w5prChuck@...> wrote:
I wonder if you are using N1MM+? I noticed that it was occasionally listing some shorter variations of the call I clicked on. Ie: KF2T# also listing KF2T in the lower part of the entry window.
Not sure if that's related, but it was new to me.

Chuck W5PR

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 9:39 AM George J Molnar <george@...> wrote:
I wonder if this might not be a JT-Alert problem? Like you, I get alerted by JT-Bridge (I'm on a Mac) when KF2T# calls appear (I'm KF2T), but I don't recall WSJT-X stopping my activity.

--
Geoff Levey
PC Panic cc

DXCC Certificates - Mixed, Digital, Phone, CW, 30M, 20M, 17M 15M, 12M and 10M
WAS Mixed, (20M, 17M, 15M), WAS Digital (JT65, FT8, 20M, 17M)
AAA Mixed, Phone, CW, Digital

Chairman of the West Rand ARC
https://photos.google.com/u/1/sharing
Kingdom of Swaziland Tourist Guide