locked Re: MS update sent my Silicon Lab Ports and CODEC files into Hidden.

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Try Goggling IC-7610 SuperSpeed-FIFO Bridge:

The communications are done through FTDI's "D3XX Driver."
You need to install the driver (USB I/Q Package for HDSDR) that can be downloaded from Icom web site.
After the driver is installed, you can receive I/Q signals and control the IC-7610 through the D3XX Driver,
using an I/Q receive software (user supplied).
To receive I/Q signals and control the IC-7610 from the user application, you need FTDI's "FTD3XX.dll." Refer
to "D3XX Programmer's Guide" that can be downloaded from FTDI web site on how to use the functions.
You need to set the device description and appropriate "endpoint." Refer to the next topic for details about
them.

D About the Device Description

The Device Description, that is needed to open the [USB 2] port, is shown below.
“IC-7610 SuperSpeed-FIFO Bridge”

73 Herb WB8ASI

On May 12, 2020 at 11:54 AM Bubba Tim <timreyes@...> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your help.  I plugged in a flash dive, the laptop (LP) gave the audible connection sound, but no COM Ports were showing in the Device Manager. Did the same with IC 7610, got the sound, but showed up in Other devices as IC-7610 SuperSpeed-FIFC Bridge, with an error, "the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28) To find driver, click update driver. After clicking Update, it searched my computer and the internet and could not find anything. I have uni stalled and reinstalled WSJTX many times with no luck.  I will contact MS and see what they say.

73
Thanks

Bubba Tim
Hero of small cats and defender of undersized lobsters
www.bubbatim.com