locked Re: MS update sent my Silicon Lab Ports and CODEC files into Hidden.

Tom Melvin

What was the ‘config error’ ?

Tom

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 May 2020, at 22:08, Bubba Tim <timreyes@...> wrote:

I was working FT8 this past Sat in the morning. I took a break and came back into the shack and tried to make a contact.  Noticed no power was being sent. Then I got a config error.  I am sure this is a MS issue. Other than a complete reformat of my lab top, any thoughts?  And if I do a reformat, how can I keep this from happening again? I have tried to move back the hidden files, but ran into issue of the computer not connecting to the files. I have been working on this for 3 days. If this was not a new computer, I would just buy another...