locked Re: MS update sent my Silicon Lab Ports and CODEC files into Hidden.

Gary - AG0N

On May 11, 2020, at 15:08, Bubba Tim <timreyes@...> wrote:

I was working FT8 this past Sat in the morning. I took a break and came back into the shack and tried to make a contact. Noticed no power was being sent. Then I got a config error. I am sure this is a MS issue. Other than a complete reformat of my lab top, any thoughts? And if I do a reformat, how can I keep this from happening again? I have tried to move back the hidden files, but ran into issue of the computer not connecting to the files. I have been working on this for 3 days.
When you checked to see what ports were assigned in WSJT-X, what did you find? Did you also check to see if the port went to sleep? That seems like a likely suspect. Power savings should be disabled on all ports, as previously mentioned on this forum a few times a week it seems.

Gary - AG0N