locked Re: MS update sent my Silicon Lab Ports and CODEC files into Hidden.

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I'm no computer expert, so wait for others to respond.  I'm just wondering why they are hidden files?   Mine show up in Device Manager and in Control Panel Sound.  You can turn on "hidden files", but I don't remember where.  Something sounds fishy to me.  Check your Settings>Audio to be sure you Codecs are selected.  73 Herb WB8ASI

On May 11, 2020 at 5:08 PM Bubba Tim <timreyes@...> wrote:

I was working FT8 this past Sat in the morning. I took a break and came back into the shack and tried to make a contact.  Noticed no power was being sent. Then I got a config error.  I am sure this is a MS issue. Other than a complete reformat of my lab top, any thoughts?  And if I do a reformat, how can I keep this from happening again? I have tried to move back the hidden files, but ran into issue of the computer not connecting to the files. I have been working on this for 3 days. If this was not a new computer, I would just buy another...