locked Re: v2.2.0.rc1 settings and rig control problems

Andreas Junge

I use the native "FlexRadio 6xxx “ driver with no problems at all.

I use the CAT PTT.

CAT has to have the proper port setup:

And this is how it looks in WSJT-X

I hope this helps.

73, Andreas, N6NU

On May 11, 2020, at 3:09 PM, John - AI4FR <ai4fr@...> wrote:

Ken,
    I don’t know what version of SSDR you are running but cat and dax have major issues in 2.5 and above. I’ve also found that I have less cat issues running the rig control in wsjt under kenwood ts-2000 instead of flex.

John / AI4FR

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] v2.2.0.rc1 settings and rig control problems

Hi Bill,

I'm having settings problems with the new 2.2.0-rc1.  Both 32 bit and 64 bit behave the same. Tried both.  Have had no problems in the past.

In the following I'm running WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc1 64 bit with rig control to a Flex 6500 on Win 8.0.

Here's an example of what happens:

I've turned the 6500 output to zero, so no RFI issues.  WSJT-X Pwr set as per normal for audio drive..

I call CQ with a three minute time out.  Rig control is working.

After one or two CQs WSJT-X does a "Halt TX", disabling TX.  Much of the time this also disables the rig control and I get the "Rig Control Error" splash screen

I can OK that to go to the "Radio Setting" screen, OK again and I go back to the program and rig control works again. I need to hit "Enable TX" to continue.

If I power up the 6500 and get a QSO going, WSJT-X will often disable TX again during the QSO so I have to manually re-Enable. And often I'll get the "Rig Control Error" again,

It seems settings are getting lost somehow along the way.  It's difficult to see a pattern.

Some of my "General" settings weren't carried over from 2.1.2 but once reset, they stay..

73,
Ken, AB1J