locked sticky Re: Linux Serial Port Issues

Bill Somerville

Hi Mark,

so, to sure, the "Test CAT" button is not turning green, and yet the "Test PTT " button is becoming enabled. That should only happen if the "PTT Method" is not "CAT" or "VOX". What do you have "Settings->Radio->PTT Method" set to?

On 11/05/2020 17:25, Mark Erbaugh wrote:
No error message. The only thing that happens is that the Test PTT button becomes active.

On May 11, 2020, at 11:23 AM, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 11/05/2020 15:30, Mark Erbaugh wrote:

Kari,

Thanks for the reply. See below.

You issuded "sudo usermod ..", right?
After that, did you log off and on again?
Does command 'id' show 'dialout' as one of your groups now?

I’m not sure I had logged off and back on, but I did just now.

Id shows that pi is a member of the dialout group

What does command 'ls -ltr /dev/tty*' show when you have
the KUSB cable connected?

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 May 11 10:19 /dev/ttyUSB0

What exactly does not work? How did you test?

I retested, and it seems the only thing not working is the Test CAT button.

73,

Mark

Hi Mark,

if the "Test CAT " button is not working then you should be getting an error message window. What does that error message window say, including the text revealed by the "Show Details ..." button?