locked Re: Curved Line in Waterfall

Gary - AG0N

On May 11, 2020, at 05:58, Samuel KJ4VPI <sernstfortin@...> wrote:

Has anyone else noticed some slight variation in received messages in WSJT-X well after warmup? I'm noting a little tilting, and I wonder if the radio is experiencing a little thermal drift. Is there a PC program to measure drift using WWV as a calibrated source?
There’ll be those who say to use the Freq Cal mode, but you don’t even need that if you’re just looking for large drift. Take the VFO and shove it to your nearest friendly neighborhood WWV/CHU frequency, tune off center by 1000 or 1500 (whatever you want), and just leave it. If the radio is drifting, you should be able to see it right away. If it is a long term deal, park it for an hour, or hours, and see what it does over time. If you use the Freq Cal mode, it will read out the tone frequency in decimals of cycles so you can see precisely what it is doing.

Gary - AG0N