locked Re: IC 7610 Mode selection

Derek Brown

Thanks Lawrence,

Will try D2 and see what that does, maybe the answer, only had the rig a couple of months and still learnin' !!!

73 Derek G8ECI

On Tuesday, 5 May 2020, 11:30:40 BST, Lawrence Dobranski <ldobranski@...> wrote:

I am not experiencing this behavior on my IC-7610.  I am also using USB-D2.

Depending on how D1 is set it maintains or switches to a hot mike socket.  I do not have my configuration log for IC-7610 close, but I had other challenges when using D1.  I found a very good reference online on why D2 should be used (other configuration differences between D1 and D2).

IIRC I modified the transmission pass bandwidth to a top end of 3000 Hz

The manual (Basic, page 8-4/8-5) says:

DATA OFF MOD default: MIC, ACC
  Selects the connector(s) to input the modulation signal when the data mode is OFF.

DATA1 MOD default: ACC
DATA2 MOD default: USB
DATA3 MOD default: MIC, USB
  Selects the connector(s) to input the modulation signal when the data mode is ON.

Your mileage may vary.

73 DE VA3IQ

Lawrence

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 5:44 AM Bob DSB via groups.io <BobDSB=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
That’s interesting, Derek. Pretty much reflects my experience too.

I don’t know if it’s something to do with the way the 7610 operates SPLIT as it reverts to the other receiver, or if it’s the default behaviour of WSJT?

As you say, it’s not the end of the world, but it is one of those WIBNI’s we would all like to iron out.

73 Bob