locked Re: 30 Mtrs Primary User

Mike Armstrong <armstrmj@...>

Bill and Don, you are both wrong..... I wasn't speaking about 30 meters at all...... My discussion has mostly been to Steve concerning 160 and 80 meters.  However, the power company isn't a spectrum user at all and is operating an ILLEGAL SPARK GAP TRANSMITTER on the entire radio spectrum, of which we are a primary user on most of our bands..... But in the case of 30 meters we are STILL users and the power company IS NOT!

There..... Clear this time?

Mike AB7ZU

Kuhi no ka lima, hele no ka maka

On Nov 17, 2012, at 21:02, Bill Harris <w7kxb@...> wrote:

Don:

Mike/AB7ZU refered to us as "Primary Users".   We in Region Two have Secondary Status. Same in Region Three and One.

No one said anything about the Power Company being a Primary User on 30 meters.  "Our  Reg,s (FCC) state that we avoid interfering with other non-amateur licensed users.." who have Primary Status.

>>The problem I see is we hear someone , assume its a commercial user, being primary user, and we quietly go away. <<

Not necessary Don.  Just QSY if your "interfering" with his transmission..(not sure how you would know that unless you got a "Pink Ticket"  (FCC TALK)  I doubt our 200 watts are going to QRM the primary stations ,  unless your next door to  their receiving station.

Ciao

de Bill-w7kxb . .

To: WSJTX@...
From: don@...
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:22:57 +1300
Subject: RE: [WSJTX] 30 Mtrs Primary User

Where do you get a primary user out of a power company radiating on power lines being a legit user.

The problem I see is we hear someone , assume its a commercial user, being primary user, and we quietly go away.

Are they actually allowed there more to the point.

Don zl1atb