locked Re: K2H/NAS and GRID SQUARE

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Egypt is back today, and I need it for DXCC ATNO.

On May 2, 2020 at 10:58 AM HERB BLUE <herb.blue@...> wrote:

FWIW, yesterday I saw K2H/SU on my cluster as being from Eqypt, and K2H/RE as being from Russia.   Have not seen any of those today.  73 Herb WB8ASI
On May 2, 2020 at 10:52 AM Jim Shorney < jshorney@...> wrote:

I don't, thank you. I have operated NU0C/0 and also as W1AW/0.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 2 May 2020 14:42:35 +0000 (UTC)
"Kermit Lehman via groups.io" < ktfrog007@...> wrote:

Then don't ever operate as NU0C/M (UK-England).  Or /MM (UK-Scotland) or /AM (Spain).
73,Ken, AB1J

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Shorney < jshorney@...>
Sent: Sat, May 2, 2020 2:26 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] K2H/NAS and GRID SQUARE

Yes, and that is the problem. Self assigned Callsign /indicators that fall within the prefix block of another country are not legal in the USA per 97.119(4)(c). I wrote below that most ops are not aware of this. Now you are.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 2 May 2020 14:01:43 +0000 (UTC)
"Kermit Lehman via groups.io" < ktfrog007@...> wrote:

This is done frequently and forever in state QSO parties.  In-state ops append their county abbreviation and out-of-state ops append their state abbreviation.
73,
Ken, AB1J/MA