locked Re: 30 Mtrs Primary User

Bill Harris <w7kxb@...>

Don:

Mike/AB7ZU refered to us as "Primary Users".   We in Region Two have Secondary Status. Same in Region Three and One.

No one said anything about the Power Company being a Primary User on 30 meters.  "Our  Reg,s (FCC) state that we avoid interfering with other non-amateur licensed users.." who have Primary Status.

>>The problem I see is we hear someone , assume its a commercial user, being primary user, and we quietly go away. <<

Not necessary Don.  Just QSY if your "interfering" with his transmission..(not sure how you would know that unless you got a "Pink Ticket"  (FCC TALK)  I doubt our 200 watts are going to QRM the primary stations ,  unless your next door to  their receiving station.

Ciao

de Bill-w7kxb . .

To: WSJTX@...
From: don@...
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:22:57 +1300
Subject: RE: [WSJTX] 30 Mtrs Primary User

Where do you get a primary user out of a power company radiating on power lines being a legit user.

The problem I see is we hear someone , assume its a commercial user, being primary user, and we quietly go away.

Are they actually allowed there more to the point.

Don zl1atb