locked Re: Poor response to CQ calls

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Make sure you have chosen "send/rcvd by".  Those heard by you are smaller dots.  You heard by others are bigger flags.  You can add your signal db to the flag by checking the snr box.  See attached. 73 Herb WB8ASI

On April 26, 2020 at 2:20 AM Phil < phillor9@...> wrote:

At the risk of being classed as a pest and because I'm becoming
disheartened with FT8 I'm going to ask a silly question. Can anyone
offer any suggestion why my CQs and my calls to other stations aren't
being answered?

I'm using an FT-847 connected a taped mobile aerial and I'm receiving a
constant flow of stations at indicated strengths of say +5 to -20 db.
Double clicking on a calling station seldom results in an answer and
sometimes when a station does answer my CQ my station ignores that
station and continues to call CQ.

I'm making it onto the wspr map which shows that stations are hearing me
using that mode. I'm also seeing my call sign on pskreporter showing
that others are hearing me (FT8 mode), although I'm not sure that I'm
understanding this correctly. What I see is "from" my_call "by"
other_station with a line joining the two of us. Does that mean that
they are hearing me or that I'm hearing them? I think it's them hearing me.

--
Regards,
Phil