locked Re: frequency measuring test

Steve Lund

Unless your installation of WSJT-X was different than mine, the fmt.exe file is not part of the install.

It is part of the standalone WSPR package. But you need to run the WSPR application first to setup the CAT control (which doesn't seem to control mode) and setup the soundcard.

Worked fine for me when I ran it a few minutes ago.

Steve, K6UM

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 6:56 PM Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...> wrote:
so again, I'm back to square one.....I ran all the calibration, I got a good solution for the slope and intercept.....now I'm trying to follow the instructions for the FMT and WSPR:

Suggested Procedure for the ARRL Frequency Measuring Test
The November 2010 Frequency Measuring test extends over seven 15-minute intervals, each
providing a different test signal. W8SKE will transmit an unmodulated carrier on about 7055
and 3575 kHz, K5CM on 3578 and 1844, WA6ZTY on 7097, and W6OQI on 7067 and 3567.
about the Frequency Measuring Test.
To avoid the possibility of typing errors at crucial times, I recommend preparing batch files with
names equal to the starting UTC of each test segment. For example, my first file for the
November 2010 FMT will be named 0230.bat (or simply 0230 in Linux) and will contain this
single command line:
fmt 7055 0 1500 1000 180 W8SKE

when I run that from a command window I get an error:

C:\WSPR>fmt 10000 0 1500 1000 180 k5cm
rig_open: error = IO error
 Error executing rigctl command to set frequency:
 rigctl -m 363 -r COM6 -s 57600 -C data_bits=8 -C stop_bits=2 -C serial_handshake=None F 9998500

I get the green button in WSPR and TEST CAT works, so not sure what my problem is....