locked Re: Loss of Waterfall and Decoding after several minutes operating???

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Gary,   Maybe check that your microphone is turned on for WSJTX.  Go to your Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone and see if things look right.  73 Herb

On April 21, 2020 at 11:22 AM Gary Gadwa <gwgadwa@...> wrote:

Neil,
On Saturday I went into device manager and unchecked all of the USB sleep checkboxes. Then on Sunday just to be sure I install StayAwake App. The fact that the very first time I lost the Waterfall after many minutes operating was suspicious very true. However, I still have not got the waterfall back at all. I am suspecting something to do with the Microphone Audio Codec. I have completely removed the WSJT-X program and reinstalled it. I have done the Audio Inputs troubleshooter in WIN 10  Pro 64 several times.
I continue to be at a loss....
Everything was and had been working flawlessly for many months..then Win 10 Upgrades and poof.....I know almost everyone says its not Win 10....but where do I go from here???

73,
GARY
W7FSI

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 2:14 AM neil_zampella < neilz@...> wrote:

Gary ..

you may not use an EXTERNAL hub, but if you go into the Device Manager under USB devices, you'll see that the computer does have some built-in hubs that will have power settings.

Neil, KNeILZ

On 4/20/2020 12:27 PM, Gary Gadwa wrote:
Bob,
Thanks for your vote of confidence on Win 10 Pro. I also do not use any USB Hubs or Splitters or Routers. My constant dismay is how the Program has been working just fine and was working fine when I had just completed a half dozen or so 2-way FT-8 contacts on 20 using my Force 12 C3E at 55 feet and my Yaesu FT-1000MP MARKV.....and all of a sudden the Waterfall was nothing but noise while still hearing the FT-8 stations on my monitoring speaker. I have been working this issue for two days plus again this morning. Loads of help on the Forums but still no JOY!!?!?!? I have tried different Cables and even added some toroids etc. etc........Still nothing.

73,
GARY
W7FSI