locked MSK144 Meteor Scatter

Michael WA7SKG

I saw some comments about meteor activity and thought I'd try MSK144 for the first time. I'm using WSJT-X v2.1.0 with my IC-7300 on 50.260.
Not having used this mode before, I'm not sure what I am looking at.
I never paid attention to the meter on the left under the band window, it is solid red all the way to the top. I get a little Fast Graph window with a solid red bar scrolling left to right with a squiggly green waveform underneath. This runs for 15 seconds, then moves down and another runs, stepping down each 15 seconds.

For a while I did hear a signal and see it on my IC-7300 waterfall. It sounded kind of like rushing wind, 15 seconds on/off. Saw nothing of it and no decode on WSJT-X.

I looked at a couple videos about meteor scatter, but they were old and their WSJT looked nothing like mine.

The showers are supposed to peak tomorrow morning, so I'd like to get this working to try it.

Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."