I've had an issue for a long time that I've never been able to fully debug...curious if anyone here has seen this or solved this?
Problem: Tx audio or Tune is momentarily disrupted when interacting with any Windows window (maximize/minimize). Rx decodes are also disrupted (no decode) when in this state.
- The problem is never present after a fresh reboot
- The problem will eventually 100% appear over time(sometimes after 30 minutes, sometimes after 3 days) when I have my system up and running in it's normal state (2 x WSJT, 2 x JTAlert, DX4WIN, WinGrid, Chrome (~10 tabs). I've never had the issue happen while actively using the machine, only after leaving it idle for a period of time and coming back.
- I'm using USB audio for both radios, one is an IC-9700 using the onboard USB interface, the other is an older radio interfaced with a Microham unit. Both USB audio feeds behave EXACTLY the same way, so I assume this is a PC or OS problem.
- Once the system is in the bad state, interacting with ANY window while Txing vs. the tune button will cause a brief audio disruption.
- Disabled all OS power save functions
- Increased WSJT priority
- Disabled all OS sleep functions
- RAM upgrade (on the way...)
- WSJTX 2.1 > 2.1.2 upgrade
Processor i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz
8GB RAM (upgrading to 32GB shortly, but don't think this is RAM related based upon task manager outputs)
OS: Win 7 Pro SP1
Anyone ever seen anything like this or have any tips or suggestions for further debug?
Thanks & 73