locked Re: Error in Sound Output: An Error open the audio outout device has occurred??

Jim Brown

On 4/13/2020 9:10 AM, dk1wb@... wrote:
USB communication between PC and TRX is not reliable if the antenna is too close. QRP is certainly a solution but you may want to try this:
Connecting the shield of the Notebook-USB connector to station ground by means of a ground clip from a scope probe should allows you some QRO (see attached picture).
This should ALWAYS be done. Indeed, ALL equipment that is part of the station should have its chassis bonded to all other equipment in the station, and to station ground, AND every ground in our homes should be bonded together. This is fundamental good engineering practice, and in most parts of the world it is the LAW.

There is detailed advice in this set of slides for talks I've given at Pacificon, Visalia, and to multiple clubs.

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

It is specifically written for North American building Codes (Law); differences between codes in various parts of the world are addressed in this "white paper" for professional audio and video contractors.

http://k9yc.com/SurgeXPowerGround.pdf

73, Jim K9YC