locked Re: keying sequencer

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

From my earlier EME experience, regardless of radio equipment and configuration one may use, you need to key the sequencer first and let it then key all the other devices in proper sequence.   That is what a sequencer is designed to do.

Usually it is, in order from receive to transmit:  Mast mounted preamp deactivated > PA keyed > IPA keyed > transverter keyed > transceiver keyed.   Then just reverse things when going from transmit to receive.   And for each of those steps, there should be some confirmation, usually current sensing, to assure the device or relay has changed as required.  Failure to change as required will then stop the sequence.

Be sure to design and engineer it correctly or you will be burning up preamps, connectors and PA's as well as other items.   If one is going to do this "half baked" then they should keep their credit card or checkbook handy.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 4/12/2020 9:34 PM, AH0U wrote:

Bill thank you for the reply that is what I have thought... my problem is that I use HRD and WSJT is set up per their instructions with rig as HRD so when I set PTT Method tp DTR or RTS and thej com port to the value of the com port I established in the Flex virtual port software, when I test the PTT in WSJT it keys the Flex.... I cant seem to find a way to separate the PT function from the CAT control....  Make any sense??
Thanks again I really appreciate your stepping up to help