locked Re: Error in Sound Output: An Error open the audio outout device has occurred??

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

Please share where you obtained these and any other model/ spec information. Many of us could take advantage of this information.

Bob, K4TAX

On Apr 12, 2020, at 9:28 AM, John <jonie41@...> wrote:

´╗┐You could also only use cables that have chokes on them.

These are what I use, no problems in my shack.

https://www.amazon.ca/Hi-Speed-Cable-Ferrite-Chokes-3-Ft/dp/B008VOPCGY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=XE1SX7A7UMVB&keywords=tripp+lite+usb+2.0+hi-speed+a%2Fb+cable+with+ferrite+chokes&qid=1586701608&sprefix=usb+cables+a+to+b+with+choke%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

John
VE3KKQ
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...>
Date: April 12, 2020 at 10:03 AM

On 12/04/2020 14:22, Ed Oxer, W8EO wrote:
What is this? This message appears randomly. I have read all the info
on the Web about this and am no further ahead in addressing this.
Sometimes the app works well but at other times this message appears
even when the app is working. Sometimes the message shuts
down the radio. After alot of "horsing" around I can fix this problem
but with no degree of consistency. In advance thanks for any help.
Hi Ed,

the most likely cause is RFI disrupting the USB connection between your
rig and PC. Try using a different aerial, dummy load, or reduced power
and see if that eliminates the issue.