locked Re: Enable Tx question

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Yes, 900 Hz is too far.  The red and green brackets are too far apart, so your TX did not stop automatically.    In the second case you were right on top of him so your TX stopped by itself without you needing the Halt it yourself.  I don't like to call right on top of someone.  If you just barely touch the edges of the red and green brackets, you are just off his frequency, but you have the benefit of having WSJTX still in control of the auto-Halt if he calls someone else. Hope this helps.  73, Herb

On April 10, 2020 at 8:58 PM "Monty via groups.io" <W3SB@...> wrote:

Hi Herb,

Tnx for the info but in the first case the my Tx frequency was 900 Hz lower than the station I was calling.

73, Monty W3SB