locked Re: Enable Tx question

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

If your red TX bracket is touching the green Receive bracket, then WSJT will auto disconnect when the other station call someone else.  Otherwise you need to Halt the QSO just like you did. 73, Herb WB8ASI

On April 10, 2020 at 8:40 PM "Monty via groups.io" <W3SB@...> wrote:

Hello,

This evening I was trying to make a contact with A45XR on 30M. He was on transmitting on 2500 Hz and I was transmitting on 1600 Hz. I clicked on "Enable Tx" after he sent RR73 and I made a transmission. On the next cycle he responded to another station but my "Enable Tx" was still red and the rig started another transmission. I clicked on "Halt Tx" and thought that's odd that another transmission was started after he answered another station.

To see if it made a difference I now tried to contact 4X1ZQ but I called on his transmit frequency. He answered another station and my "Enable Tx" turned off as expected.

I looked in the user guide but nothing popped out at me. What is my aging brain missing?

73, Monty W3SB