locked Re: FT5000 WSJT-X TX offset

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Al,  I see the same thing.  Seems to be normal when using "Fake It". 73, Herb WB8ASI

On April 5, 2020 at 9:37 AM Al Oldfield <aoldfiel@...> wrote:

I have been operating WSJT, with a FT-991A, on HF and VHF since early 2019.  So it's not a new mode for me.  About two months ago, I migrated WSJT operating to my FT5000.  Initially, I could not get it to work until…I selected "None" as the radio.  The only apparent drawback was that WSJT and the FT5000 did not follow each other - I had to manually change the bands on WSJT.  Late yesterday evening, on WSJT, I set the Radio to "FT5000" and … both the FT5000 and WSJT now automatically tracked each other.  Terrific!

Now…here's my problem.  During my first FT8 transmission this morning, I observed, that when transmitting, the frequency readout was 7.073 and then, on receive, it returned to 7.074.  This same transmit "offset" issue occurred on 20M, 17M and 15M. (I didn't bother to check other bands.)

Any thoughts about what is going on here?

Are Menu 87 (PKT PKT DISP - sets packet frequency offset) and Menu 88 (DATA PKT SFT - sets carrier point during the SSB packet operation) causing this to happen?  Mine are currently set for the Default settings. Menu 87 = 0 and Menu 88 = 1000.  If these are not correct for FT8, what should they be?  Both "0"?

Thanks for the help.

Al - W9KXI

FN12