locked Re: WSJT-X+Win10+IC-7300 audio confusion #AudioIssues

John Hill

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 09:13 AM, Kai-KE4PT wrote:
Hi Matt,
Set the default Windows audio device to the Windows internal audio system, what ever that is. All Windows bleeps, chrips and audio will go to the default audio device.

Then in EACH radio application, like WSJT-X and MMTTY and FLDIGI, etc., select the "USB Audio Codec" in both the INPUT and OUTPUT settings {File > Setting > audio.. in WSJT-X for example}. The radio and its sound card MUST be connected and turned on before you start WSJT-X and choose the "USB Audio Codec" option.

Kindest regards
Kai, KE4PT
Kai, you are absolutely right.  Reino, thanks for quoting Bill's email on the subject.  To all, please pardon my unnecessary intrusion.  Several years ago I received instructions advising to make the input and output devices used the defaults and never questioned it.  I now have my laptop's built-in input and output devices set as the defaults and select the devices needed for each app that I use.  It works as advertised!  Only the apps in use appear as inputs to the volume mixer for the output device iused, so there are no devices that need to be muted.

There is an old saying that, "You learn something every day".  It's so true.

Thanks all!
John W2HUV