locked Re: Receive Frequency not moving to Calling Station's frequency

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

Hi Glen,   Trying to understand your problem.  Doesn't quite sound right.  Are you a new user or are you seeing something different from what you're used to?   Everything seems to be pretty automatic.  If you're calling CQ and get a "red bar" answer, you should auto answer to Call 1st if you have that checked, otherwise you will need to click on who you want from the vast pile-up calling you which I'm not used to. If you don't have Call 1st clicked, then maybe that's why you have to click to get things going? Or maybe you don't have Auto Seq clicked to keep things going?  If you are just waiting and someone happens to call you....yes you have to click on the "red bar" to acknowledge that you want to respond to them.  You never have to move the green bracket to their TX frequency.  The green bracket knows where it is better than you.  Hope something here helps. 73, Herb WB8ASI

On April 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Glen Jenkins WB4KTF <wb4ktf@...> wrote:

Thanks to those who replied, More Data:
I do have my "Hold Tx freq" Checked, and on a clear spot.  What I find is that I'll see a station call me (Red Bar), but then after I reply with my report to them, I no longer decode their transmission.   Decode only restarts when I manually Double Click on their RED BAR call that then moves MY "Rx Freq" to where they are transmitting.  I may see them answering with their report and RR, but my QSO just keeps resending my report to them.  It is only after I force my software to be receiving on their signal can I complete the QSO.  As I said, I can see them, but my QSO cannot complete until I move Rx to where they are transmitting.  Hope that this clarifies my issue.
--
Glen, WB4KTF
Austin, TX