locked Re: WSJT-X and Windows 10 Soundcard

The problem with this is that the motherboard sound chip is only available if something is attached to it. For audio output at least I have an hdmi monitor, but I have no mic connected for input. So my default output device is my monitor, but my default input device is the IC-7300. I do have two virtual audio cables I use with a Flex1500.

73 stay safe Phil GM3ZZA

On 3 Apr 2020 20:11, Bruce N7XGR <n7xgr1@...> wrote:
Rick,  Try this,  when Windoze changes the Default sound device from the motherboard
device to the CODEC device go into the Sound properties setup and right click on the
motherboard device and select this as the Default device on both the Speaker and
Microphone tabs.

Bruce  N7XGR

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 1:58 PM Rick <kk4nhc@...> wrote:

Thank you everyone.

Maybe I did not make myself clear.

Yes the IC 7300 has a built in sound card. In Windows the laptop speakers and mic are set as default. Everything works fine until I start up the WJST software. Once it’s up and running it changes the default to the USBCodec. That’s my issue. When I used the same laptop and was using a music or movie app then start up Flidgi using a IC 706MKllG and a Signalink everything worked fine. It’s only since I starting using WSJT to do FT 8

rick

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA