locked Re: Chance of a wrong decode looking plausible?

Reino Talarmo

What are the chances of a wrong decode resulting in a plausible looking callsign?
The other night I left my system just monitoring on 80m overnight. I got the following single decodes
4F0AEH Philippines 23.49 -15 T29UJV Tuvalu 01.30 -20
Neither of the calls exist on qrz.com and propagation to Tuvalu would seem unlikely. Is there any way to determine what the proper decode might have been?
73,
Dave G3UEG
Hi Dave,

The nature of the source coding results almost in all cases a plausible looking callsign, when there a false positive decoding.

There is no possibility to determine what the proper callsign have been as most probably decode is a result of random symbols due to noise and possible other messages on that frequency.

73, Reino OH3mA