locked Re: WSJT-X and Windows 10 Soundcard

Steve K6WW

IMHO, that's ridiculous advice to tell a person to have two separate computers! Not everyone has that luxury! Windows makes it easy enough to select output sound devices by clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray next to the date/time. You can easily select input devices by righ-clicking on the speaker and selecting Open Sound Settings. I went one step further and renamed my two audio codecs with the rig mfc name to help tell them apart, as I have a K3 and a TS-590.

Another tip that I recently ran into when WSJT-X seemed to go deaf...and I'm not sure if was a Windows update, but could have been, is the Privacy setting for the mic got turned off in Windows 10. Press the Windows key + I > Click on Privacy > Click on Microphone > Make sure the slider under Allow apps to access your microphone is set to On. This seems to affect not only actual Microphones but any audio input device, as far as I can tell.

Hope that helps!

SteveĀ  K6WW