locked Re: No decode, waterfall compressed

Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>

That's why I call the Internet Explorer "Internet Exploder". You know, back when it was a handy Chrome/Firefox download tool?

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 12:49 PM JP Tucson, AZ <samcat88az@...> wrote:
Yup Bill, you are correct, another MS bad habit, reusing names & renaming stuff;  confusing the crap out of people.

That IS why I specifically made it a point to underline the WEB BROWSER as what I was talking about, because some people still use it or at least the term.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, 9:38 AM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 29/03/2020 17:27, JP Tucson, AZ wrote:
Hi Steve, no, I know the diff., and I mean to actually go in & shut down Windows Explorer! Using the "services" app from the startup window.  Please understand, I am talking about Windows INTERNET Explorer (the web browser), NOT the File Explorer (which used to be called Windows Explorer way back when!)

John,

Windows Explorer is not the same as the now obsolete Windows Internet Explorer. Windows Explorer is the name MS use for the Windows Desktop. If you stop Windows Explorer you will not be able to interact with Windows, but you can't stop it anyway since it will automatically restart.

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
http://quarktime.net