locked Re: Yaesu FT-897 D

John K9JMS

I use the CAT/Linear port to run my LDG AT-897 tuner. Can I run from the CAT out on the tuner? I assume that is the purpose of it.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 3:49 PM Chuck Reti WV8A via Groups.Io <chuckr=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
I also have an FT-897D, with SignaLink USB audio I/O and PTT using Data port, and control with CAT cable at the "CAT/Linear" port.
My WSJTX settings page, on both MacBook Pro and RaspberryPi installs, also shows the "Transmit Audio Source" radio buttons greyed out and "Front/Mic" button selected. However, TX audio is indeed fed via the DATA port regardless of this non-indication in the Radio Settings tab.
As Bill mentioned, you won't show a good CAT test as you're not using CAT control, yet.

Chuck
WV8A

--
John M. Sokol