locked Yaesu FT-897 D

John K9JMS

Please bere with me. Been a ham a long time, new to digital. I have an Yaesu ft-897D. My connection to my computer is via a SignaLink. I ordered the correct mode for my radio. #SLCAB6PM. Confirmed twice that I have the jumpers correct. The SignaLink connects through the radios Data jack. Here is where the problem lies. When I go to setting in WSJTX program and enter my radio, it will not let me chose the Rear/Data button. Seems to be grayed out on all radio models. When I click the Test CAT button I get an error and Test PTT is grayed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited to try to enter the digital world.

--
John M. Sokol
K9JMS