locked Re: No decode, waterfall compressed

Lance Collister, W7GJ <w7gj@...>

Thanks Bill!

I have blocked any other services (and there were a LOT of hidden background
applications with automatic permission) from accessing the microphones, and so far
that has solved the problem!  Thanks again!

VY 73, Lance

On 3/28/2020 13:27:07, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 28/03/2020 05:53, Reino Talarmo wrote:

Hi Steve,

The waterfall looks like your audio sampling rate goes wild or fussy. I could
happen in A/D converter in the rig of in Windows for some reason. Clicking the
audio tab re-starts the USB audio path, I assume. Just for check have you selected
in Windows 16 bits sampling at 64 k (DVD quality)?

73, Reino oh3mA

Hi Reino and all,

this type of waterfall display occurring spontaneously is symptomatic of a
disrupted audio stream being delivered to WSJT-X. The shortening of the periods
implies many missing sample frames and the broadening spectral display of signals
would be due to the discontinuities around missing sample frames that translate to
noise.

If I were experiencing this I would look for other applications or system
components using large amounts of CPU or I/O resources, or perhaps excessive
virtual memory usage thus causing all other applications to have to wait for
memory. On Windows the Task Manager application and it's related Resource Monitor
application should help to identify the culprit applications or services.

Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ, S79GJ, TX7MB)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT 59834-0073
USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728