locked Re: Standard logging time for a QSO

Seannon Baker (AG0NY)

Personally, I'd say it's the QSO start time, and by start time, I wouldn't say when you start transmitting, it's the first response back from the intended station...
I.E.
CQ CQ CQ de AG0NY
CQ CQ CQ de AG0NY
CQ CQ CQ de AG0NY
AG0NY de W1AW (start time)
snip
snip
73's AG0NY (end time)

Seannon

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:21 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
If there was any significant incidence of LoTW users submitting QSOs with "end times" instead of "start times" and as a result not
getting confirmations, we'd have heard about it years ago. I don't know of any logging applications that handle this incorrectly.

As previously noted, with modes like FT4 and FT8, the QSOs are short enough that it doesn't matter which time gets logged and
submitted to LoTW.

While there's argument to be made that LoTW should have used "end times" instead of "start times", in the absence of a time machine
with a ~20 year range, the point is moot.

         73,

                    Dave, AA6YQ