locked Re: Some quirks with WSJTX, latest version

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

What is "Enable AP"?   I've never turned it on.   73, Herb WB8ASI

On March 24, 2020 at 7:55 PM Bill Ahillen <bahillen@...> wrote:

I have seen good level signals that just miss a decode cycle. I have learned to watch the density of the waterfall for insight into decodes.

Last night I put 3 receivers of my Flex 6600 on 40 m with same antenna and watched the decodes on 6-8 QSOs FT8. I would miss one of them every few cycles on the 3 receivers.  I found the one missing did not have ENABLE AP selected. It seems that the ENABLE AP does not always stay selected when restarting WSJT  maybe rebooting or some other operations. I just have not been observant.

Some of this could be in the decoding algorithms or other influences. If you watch the density of the waterfall you can see significant changes in a 15 second period. There are parameters in the advanced tab but have not played with that and any guidance would be appreciated. I have selected two pass decode.

73
Bill W9JJB

On Mar 24, 2020, at 2:42 PM, Marion D. Kitchens <k4gok@...> wrote:

And there are some hams who do not answer unless you have a LoTW account.  To each his own......

de Marion   K4GOK

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:20:32 -0700 "ny2ny" < jayb1943@...> writes:
There is another reason stations do not always respond in spite of their +01 db signal...it has been my experience that certain stations will not answer your call if you have worked them ever before...if I continue calling - they will just QRX or more commonly QSY. If I QSY and call them again, same result. Everybody has their own quirks I guess !!
  73 Jay NY2NY