locked Re: WSJT-X

groups@...

I went directly to the Kenwood USA site and find the TS-590SG listed.
This page shows the from panel and back panel views of this radio:

https://www.kenwood.com/usa/com/amateur/ts-590sg/products.html

The USB connector is just to the right of the serial port connector in the lower left corner of the back panel.
This port has the standard USB symbol just above it.
As a side note, if  you select the support tab from the above referenced web page and scroll down to and click "Manual Downloads", you can type in TS590SG and click search then a full list of all available documents (including the full English operating manual).  Page 9 documents the rear panel connections, including the USB connector.  Page 62 of this manual documents the use of the UDSB connection to a computer.

David
AK9F

On 3/21/2020 9:35 AM, RC Ringers wrote:

Bill,

Sorry about that Senior Moment!
I have the TS 590SG. I went to the shack and looked again.

The front panel only says TS 590 but the back says TS 590s and all the sales literature, Kenwood description says TS 590SG.

Roge  K2RRB

Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 9:59 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X

Roge,

here is your original post: https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/7591 , what rig are you actually using?

Bill
G4WJS.

On 21/03/2020 13:56, RC Ringers wrote:
I did not see connections in my TS 890 GS manual for USB only. Needed Rs232 connector for computer which my laptop doesn’t have.

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:50 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X

Hmmm...

If you are using a 590S, why not just use the USB, which will transfer both the audio & CAT signals.

I used that exact configuration for a little over 2 months with a borrowed 590S.

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 4:45 PM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
is it coming from the radio???   if yes, then perhaps the tx monitor is on, and the setting is high.    turn it off

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:16 AM RC Ringers <ringersrc@...> wrote:
I have the latest version of WSJT-X and WSJT Alert installed on my computer HP (Laptop Win7 with 8 GB Ram).

I connect to my TS 590S with a Signalink USB interface.

Whenever I am transmitting FT8 the Signalink amplifies the tones that is annoying. I am told by others that they
don’t have this problem.

How can I eliminate this loud transmit noise?

Roge  K2RRB

--
Roger Ringers

--
Roger Ringers

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.