locked Re: Getting Meinberg to work

Derek Brown

Bill,

Your link took me to this page : Free Download NTP Software ntp-4.2.8p13-win32-setup.exe (3.81 MB)

Which is the software I installed ?

Like Bob above I am currently using Dimension 4 and that is working, but it does have a habit of losing connections to the time servers or they are just excluding external users ? Thats why I thought I would give Meinberg a try, so what am I doing wrong ?

Derek G8ECI
On Thursday, 19 March 2020, 12:10:45 GMT, K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...> wrote:

Art,

I got Meinberg to work on my old desktop last year and all
went well and still is. However, when I tried to get it to work
on a newer desktop, I gave up after a lot of screwing around
and gave Dimension 4 a try. It was SO EASY and worked the
first time I tried.

GL/73,   Bob  K8BL

On Thursday, March 19, 2020, 01:39:40 AM EDT, Arthur Bernstein via Groups.Io <n2ka=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I’ve downloaded Meinberg but keep getting an error message when I try to start it up. Running Windows 10, 64 bit.  I’m assuming I’m missing a file. Downloaded a driver for it, but still no go. I surmise my inaccurate time sync in my computer has caused my decoding FT8 to be erratic. I did it “cave man” style by tuning to WWV at 10 MHz to get the clock close. I’m sure it won’t hold and my decoding and inability to make contacts will return. Any help out there? Sorry if this is a repeat, but the long rants have made my head spin.
Thanks.
Art., N2KA..