locked Re: Getting Meinberg to work

Derek Brown

PS Martin, I followed your information to the letter !!!

Derek G8ECI

On Thursday, 19 March 2020, 09:49:58 GMT, Derek G8ECI <g8eci@...> wrote:

Just to throw my experience with Meinberg in, I have attempted to install on two Win 10 PC's and have followed the advice re: Visual Studio Redistributable package is missing, if the service fails to start, I downloaded and installed on both PC's with the same failure result, and it results in the following :

Inline image
Error 5 ?

Rgds

Derek G8ECI

On Thursday, 19 March 2020, 09:42:41 GMT, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

Art,

what exactly is the error message?

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/19/2020 4:16 AM, Keith Le Boutillier via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi Art

Right click on the icon and select run as administrator if you have not already done so and see if it runs then.

73 Keith  

From: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io> On Behalf Of Arthur Bernstein via Groups.Io
Sent: 19 March 2020 05:39
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Getting Meinberg to work

I’ve downloaded Meinberg but keep getting an error message when I try to start it up. Running Windows 10, 64 bit.  I’m assuming I’m missing a file. Downloaded a driver for it, but still no go. I surmise my inaccurate time sync in my computer has caused my decoding FT8 to be erratic. I did it “cave man” style by tuning to WWV at 10 MHz to get the clock close. I’m sure it won’t hold and my decoding and inability to make contacts will return. Any help out there? Sorry if this is a repeat, but the long rants have made my head spin.
Thanks.
Art., N2KA..

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.