locked Re: Desktop Icon for different location

Tom Melvin

On a Windows PC :

Right click existing desktop icon
Select ‘copy’
Select ‘paste’

You will now have a new icon on desktop ‘wsjt-x - Copy’
Right click it
Select Properties
Change General -> Name to suit
Add to to command line in Shortcut -> Target —rig-name=IO85 (Or make it any name to suit you - make sure you have a hyphen between rig and name))
Click OK

When selected wsjt will be started with settings in IO85 (in my example), if does not exist will be created, adjust WSJT settings as appropriate.

I believe Mac desktop icons are similar - if your using a *nix version can’t help.

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 16 Mar 2020, at 02:34, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:

How to add an additional desktop icon for different grid location?