As I said, take it for what it's worth. Each operator needs to decide for themselves. At least we know more than the last discussion.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 8:05 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

On 2020-03-07 8:44 AM, Paul R. Stoetzer wrote:
> My two cents on the matter would be for hams to not do anything to piss off
> the NTIA in the meantime. Ultimately they have to consent to that change.
> If they view hams as not being able to follow the rules, then we could lose
> access to the band all together.
>
> 73,
>
> Paul, N8HM

Very true.  NTIA can block access by American amateurs to the
non-channelized "band" at 5 MHz for many years (as long as it remains
secondary or shared in the ITU table of allocations).  In addition,
NTIA's objections would likely result in continued power restrictions
for amateurs from other countries (at least in North America).

JUST BECAUSE THE CURRENT RULES ARE NOT BEING ENFORCED DOES NOT MEAN
THAT THEY CAN, OR SHOULD, BE IGNORED!

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV