locked Re: Important (to me) 60m FT8 Operation Reply from OO/OOM

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2020-03-07 8:44 AM, Paul R. Stoetzer wrote:
My two cents on the matter would be for hams to not do anything to piss off
the NTIA in the meantime. Ultimately they have to consent to that change.
If they view hams as not being able to follow the rules, then we could lose
access to the band all together.
73,
Paul, N8HM

Very true. NTIA can block access by American amateurs to the non-channelized "band" at 5 MHz for many years (as long as it remains
secondary or shared in the ITU table of allocations). In addition,
NTIA's objections would likely result in continued power restrictions
for amateurs from other countries (at least in North America).

JUST BECAUSE THE CURRENT RULES ARE NOT BEING ENFORCED DOES NOT MEAN
THAT THEY CAN, OR SHOULD, BE IGNORED!

73,

... Joe, W4TV