locked Re: wav recordings

Paul W5PF

Thanks Neil, I'll keep an eye on the save folder.

Paul, W5PF

On 3/4/2020 6:57 AM, neil_zampella wrote:

FWIW .. it will always create a .wav file each decode cycle to enable any debugging, but will always erase it.   HOWEVER ... if you close the program in the middle of a decode cycle, that file WILL NOT be deleted.    That is why under the FILE menu there is a selection to DELETE all files in the save directory.     The developers advise to use that at least once a month (or more often if necessary) to clear out that directory.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/3/2020 9:20 PM, Paul W5PF wrote:

It appears to be working now. I had to go in and manually erase the existing files. Then when I started WSJTX with no wav files it deletes the new file after each receive period.  Should have tried that before posting.

Paul W5PF

On 3/3/2020 7:46 PM, Paul W5PF via Groups.Io wrote:

Hey Walter,

Thanks but that is what I have done and they are still being saved. At least there is apparently a limit of 2611 files because the oldest is erased before the new one is saved.

73, Paul W5PF

On 3/3/2020 5:47 PM, Walter Holmes K5WH wrote:
Hey Paul,

 Try clicking on the SAVE then select NONE.

See if that takes care of it for you, as it does for me.

Take care,

Walter/K5WH