From: Bill Somerville
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 12:48 PM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJTX with Softrock

On 04/03/2020 11:15, Paul Coddington via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi I am hoping someone can help.

I have been running wsjtx with various modes using the following rig combination.

wsjtx ---> HDSDR ---> softrock The link between wsjtx uses VAC cables for audio and CAT to HDSDR for rig control.

This combination worked fine for many years (since 2016) on a PC running W7 with many 100s of contacts.
Unfortunately having recently replaced my W7 PC with one running W10 it no longer works.
I have traced the problem to the fact that somewhere in the chain the allocation of the I/Q signals to the L/R audio channels gets swopped.

Now the reason for asking help from this group is that I do not see the same problem when going from W7 to W10 with other software combinations
eg Powersdr v2.4.4, fldigi ---> quisk

I know that this is an unusual setup but I would be interested if anyone else using a similar system has experienced problems.

Paul M1BKL

Hi Paul,

in HDSDR on the Options menu (F7) you can select swapped I and Q channel assignments for Rx for sound card I/Q data.