locked Re: send redo

Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...>

Thanks for getting back to me
I decided to upgrade my end fed to a OFC Dipole

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 5:09 PM George J Molnar <george@...> wrote:
Sorry for the pause in answering. After looking at all the messages, I’d recommend three things.
1) Get a dedicated USB sound card device to devote to digital modes. Both transmit and receive will be helped, compared to running audio cables between your rig and computer.
2) Work on improving your antenna system. While you are “getting out,” so are a lot of other stations that may be doing it better. Better antenna system (includes cable and ground, too) equals better odds of completion.
3) Experiment with WSJT-X split mode. Call stations at the clearest point in the waterfall. It doesn’t guarantee success, but it does improve your odds of not doubling with another caller to the same station.

Good luck!

George J Molnar, KF2T
Arlington, Virginia, USA

On Feb 25, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Augustine Brace <aug1021hunt@...> wrote: