locked Re: 60 meters: Operating guidelines for FT8

Seannon Baker (AG0NY)

what they're saying is if you can hear someone transmitting, wait til they're done, if you transmit and can't hear them, it's unintentional, that's ok (kinda) if you transmit on a frequency, and you know someone is transmitting on, that's malicious interference, and definitely not ok. kinda like doubling occasionally on a repeater, it happens, a lot of radios have a setting to listen before transmitting to help prevent this from happening...

Seannon AG0NY

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:44 AM Jim Cooper <JTalert@...> wrote:
On 20 Feb 2020 at 7:54, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:

> 1. Only one station may transmit at a time.

TOTALLY ABSURD !   Technically impossible.

How can I tell if someone I can't hear is
transmitting on that channel ?

--
“It is a simple feat of scientific electrical engineering — only expensive — blind, faint-hearted, doubting world.”

Nikola Tesla