locked Re: Computer to radio connection

ve3ki

The SignaLink does not have any connection for radio control. It is only a sound card for audio plus a PTT signal derived from the audio.

You need a separate connection for radio control. In the case of the FT897, that would be from a serial port or USB-to-serial adapter from the computer, connected to the radio's CAT/linear connector through a CT-62 or equivalent adapter.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 11:35 AM, Richard DeRose wrote:
I am using a PC with Windows 10 and WSJTX connected to a ft897 through a signal link. I cannot get the computer to connect to get the frequency. What settings are required.?

Dick DeRose
dderose911@...
561-441-6376
KG5FNS