locked Computer needed

Randy Davenport

I'm looking for any surplus laptop or tablet running Windows 10.  I'm disabled and low income. Can someone please help me out with this?
Randy ka4nma

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020, 12:09 AM Jim Brown <k9yc@...> wrote:
On 2/20/2020 4:08 PM, Jeff Moore wrote:
> You can never have TOO MUCH computing power!

But we CAN often not have enough money to buy what others convince us
that we need. I've done lots of very sophisticated acoustic modeling,
lots of engineering applications, Autocad models, often with multiple
Office-type apps open with multiple linked spreadsheets and documents,
along with browsers with multiple windows open at the same time. I've
never had more than 16GB RAM or a drive larger than 500GB. And years
ago, I did a lot of that stuff on FAR less capable laptops.

I DON'T do fancy graphics or gaming, I don't edit video and do rather
limited audio editing. And I don't store music or video on hard drives.

Optical and SS drives are one of those commodities that get cheaper
every year. It's easy to buy a bigger drive to replace one that's too
small, or to add an external one at a USB port.

My advice is don't let someone who's more serious than you are about
things like this convince you spend more than have on more than you need!

73, Jim K9YC