locked Re: 60 meters: Operating guidelines for FT8

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Al, you must have missed this from the same thread you are posting to:

This is from a Government Operator of one of the stations on 60 meters that has to put up with the current abuse of the 60m segment by US Amateurs:

"Should 60m activity continue as it has been over the last
few years, I suspect that we will be under scrutiny and asked to justify continued use of 60 meters.  I know this from personal experience as I operate one of those government stations on 60 meters on a recurring basis. Beware."
Best regards,
Gary, K7EK

I would hardly say this constitutes: "nobody is paying attention"

Do  you think these government services have not noticed and are not taking note, of our abuse of the grant,  as K7EK indicates above?

So our operational philosophy is "Do what we like,even though we know we are likely causing harmful interference, so long as none of us get caught", and on top of that, we agreed to abide by the conditions of the frequency grant and and then break our word and willfully violate the terms as if that means nothing?

I sure hope you were making some sort of joke, because abusing our recently granted privileges in hopes of having them expanded in the future seems like a counterproductive approach.  ☺
N0AN, Hasan

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:19 PM Al <almay8@...> wrote:

Shsssssh nobody is pay any attention to this. There have been no complaints so it is not causing any interference or you would have heard about it by now the less said the better.

True Adventure Requires An Uncertain Outcome”